Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Wacky Wikis

A friend told me about Wikis a while ago... I was only half-listening, honestly, so I don't remember which Wiki she was referring to, but I remembered her saying that it drove her nuts! I can see her point, actually. If you want things to be exact, correct and under control all the time, it definitely isn't for you... or her. Being that basically anyone can throw their two cents in and things aren't exactly monitored or checked for accuracy, it can be alittle frustrating. Especially in the case of Wikipedia... just because it's used so often and I think there is some confusion about how accurate it is at times. But, I can also see the benefit of using/playing with a Wiki... It's a great way for people to collaborate with a group, or organize a rough draft for your thoughts and get opinions from other people... I sorta dig it.

No comments: